Monday, August 26, 2013

Back In Action

It would appear that I inadvertently took the summer off! Things get busy, priorities get shuffled, and time somehow slips by without our noticing. I spent the part of the summer with Paul, which was wonderful. Throughout the summer I was at some point (in transit) in 15 states! As soon as I got back it was one short trip after another and I'm getting ready to head back to North Carolina for a week!

So with all this travel, I have (been forced to) dramatically improve my packing skills, and I can thank the Army for the help, or at least their clothing folding methods. My newest challenge is to pack for a two week trip with just carry-on luggage. I will be spending a week in North Carolina and then straight on to England for another week and my brother and beautiful soon to be sister-in-law's wedding!! I don't have checked luggage for the first leg of the trip so I won't have it for the second. 

I just finished packing and here is what I managed to fit:


4 dresses (including two formal ones for rehearsal and wedding) 
3 pairs of pants
3 pairs of shorts
12 shirts
Unmentionables!
5 pairs of socks
1 sweatshirt
1 jacket
1 swimsuit
4” heels
2 belts
2 pair tights
Accessories
Toiletries
Makeup pouch

You can't tell from the picture, but it zips easily, and I could probably sneak some more things in on top! My personal bag with hold my camera, computer, books, and anything else I may need.

I have to admit I am fairly impressed with the packing space this modified rolling method opens up!

How to: Life Hacker has an in depth tutorial on how to do it, but the easiest way is just to search for video like this one to explain it! Good Luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment