Friday, July 5, 2013

Finally Graduation

It has been a busy busy couple of weeks! For the last while I've been bumming around the eastern side of the country. I've been in or through Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Maryland, Delaware, Kentucky, Tennessee, and Georgia. I was blessed to see family, some old friends, and Paul's graduation! It was incredible and I couldn't be more proud, plus, he has had the week off, which makes it all the sweeter. 

I'm making Georgia my home for about 5 weeks (through pass and Airborne.) All the while learning the ins and outs of southern culture. It's really a whole new ballgame. Thus far I've learned that I incorrectly pronounce "pecan," it's rude not to say hello to everyone, ever, and that sweat is a state not a action. But, people are definitely more friendly, and I went to my first "Thrift Mall."  I also had my first commissary experience. Let me just say, it was the coolest thing ever. Saving money is kind of like a drug for me, so shopping there was euphoria!  $2.50 Hebrew National Hotdogs? Yes please!  
Any hints, tips, or ideas on what to do while I'm here, please share!


No comments:

Post a Comment